seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT
24 Shishito peppers
1 tbsp. Olive olive
1 Egg yolk
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Dry yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. White sugar
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1 clove Garlic; minced
1 tsp. Lemon zest
1 tsp. Coarse-ground black pepper
1 c. Olive oil
Shishito peppers are a small green pepper that have a bit of a kick when raw but the flavor softens significantly when cooked. Blistered under the broiler and tossed with sea salt, these are great alone or with the dipping sauce. If you prefer spicier pepper bites, try the same preparation with jalapenos, poblanos or serranos.
There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!
Makes: 24 peppers
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolk, salt, dry yellow mustard, sugar, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, and black pepper.
2. While whisking quickly, drizzle in the olive oil. Keep whisking until the mixture is well combined.
3. Rinse peppers and pat dry. In a plastic bag zip top bag or small bowl, toss the peppers with olive oil until lightly coated.
4. Set the broiler on low, arrange the peppers on a cookie sheet in a single layer and broil until wilted and charred, turning occasionally (5 to 10 minutes).
5. Remove the peppers from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Serve warm with dipping sauce.