There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, ground mustard, and fresh ground pepper and mix.
3. Rub the spice mixture into the pork loin. (If you want to keep your hand clean, place the pork loin in a plastic bag, sprinkle the entire spice mixture into the bag and massage until the pork loin is covered.)
4. Place the pork loin in a glass baking dish and bake, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. In a medium stockpot, heat olive oil over medium. Add shallot and garlic and sauté until softened (3 to 4 minutes).
6. Add in ginger and chili and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes.
7. Add in sweet cherries and red wine vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, until cherries are broken down and sauce is thickened.
8. About 15 minutes before the pork is done, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta per package instructions. When pasta has finished cooking, drain and toss with parsley and olive oil.
9. When pork is done, remove from the oven and let rest, covered with foil, for at least 5 minutes.
10. Transfer pasta to a large, wide serving bowl. Slice pork thinly and arrange atop pasta. Top with cherry sauce and serve immediately.
2 tbsp. Smoked paprika
1 tsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground mustard
1 tsp. Fresh ground pepper
2 lb. Pork loin
1 lb. Bow-tie pasta (dry)
1/2 c. Parsley; minced
1 tsp. Olive oil
1 Shallot; minced
1 clove Garlic; minced
1/2 tsp. Fresh ginger; minced
1 Thai chili; diced
4 c. Sweet cherries; pitted
1/4 c. Red wine vinegar
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
Pork loin is generally a tenderer cut of pork, often used for marinades or dry rubs because it is fairly lean and takes up flavors well. This recipe calls for a dry rub and then tops the finished pork with a sweet and spicy sauce of fresh Bing cherries.
seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT