seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT
There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!
1. Shuck the husks and remove the fine silk threads from the ears of corn, rinse in cool water.
2. Using a large, sharp knife, trim the kernels from all 3 ears of corn.
3. In a food processor, combine 2/3 of the kernels, red onion, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Pulse for 20 seconds.
4. Add the flour, eggs, baking powder, salt, and pepper to the food processor and continue to pulse until the mixture is the consistency of pancake batter. (If it’s too runny add more flour a few table spoons at a time, pulsing in between until the right consistency is reached.)
5. Transfer the batter to a small mixing bowl and stir in reserved kernels by hand.
6. Heat a frying pan lightly coated with non-stick spray, over medium heat. Pour the batter into small cakes (about 1/4 cup of batter per cake) and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side, until light golden brown.
7. Transfer to a large platter to cool and repeat with remaining batter.
8. While the griddle cakes cool, combine avocados, cilantro, jalapeno, green onion, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Toss gently, add salt and pepper to taste. Top corn cakes with avocado salad and your favorite hot sauce. Serve immediately.
3 ears Sweet corn
1 small Red onion; diced
1/4 c. Cilantro
1 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
2 Avocados; peeled, pitted and cubed
1/4 c. Cilantro; minced
1 Small red jalapeno; minced
1 bunch Green onion; minced
1 tbsp. Lime juice
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Fresh sweet corn makes an appearance in these hand-held griddle cakes that are full of summer flavors. They’re also, conveniently, the perfect vehicle for propelling delicious avocado salsa from the plate to your face. Top with your favorite hot sauce and grab a few because they’ll go quickly.