1 c. Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
2 1/4 c. Sugar
1 1/4 c. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. All purpose flour
1 c. Chopped almonds
1 c. Chunks of high-quality baking chocolate
1 c. Miniature marshmallows
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
If you’ve ever faced the age-old brownie question (cakey brownie or fudgey brownie) you know that consistency is everything and you’re going to be hard-pressed to find a brownie that satisfies all tastes. Enter: The Rocky Road Brownie – Crunchy almonds, soft marshmallows and a brownie batter that toes the line perfectly between light cake and dense fudge. Add in a few pockets of rich chocolate and voilá! Brownie Nirvana.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly coat a 9”x13” glass baking dish with non-stick baking spray or grease with butter.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the sugar until dissolved. (Don’t let the mixture boil.)
3. Remove from the heat and transfer the butter and sugar mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir into the chocolate mixture and whisk vigorously until smooth and shiny.
5. Add the flour a little at a time, mixing until all of the flour is incorporated into the batter.
6. Gently fold in the almonds, chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, scraping the mixing bowl clean with a rubber spatula and smoothing out the top of the batter.
8. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT
There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!