seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT
Makes: 4 5-oz Popsicles
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 hours (freezing)
There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!
4 c. Fresh strawberries
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
1/3 c. Orange juice
4 Dixie cups
4 Popsicle sticks
What’s that? The weatherman says it’s going to be 80 degrees soon? I guess that means we better get to freezing things so we’re prepared for the heat wave! Turns out homemade popsicles are quite easy and don’t require any fancy molds or gadgets. You just need some popsicle sticks, Dixie cups and your favorite fillings. So make room in the freezer folks, because the time for chilly treats has come.
1. Rinse the strawberries and trim the stems.
2. Combine strawberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a blender or food processer and puree.
3. Add orange juice (feel free to substitute with any other juice or, if you’re feeling adventurous, white rum)
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the cups and set on a level surface in your freezer for about 2 hours.
5. Once the mixture is partially set, insert the popsicle sticks into the center of each cup and return to freezer until fully set (usually overnight is best).
6. To remove from cups, hold each in your hands for a minute or two, just until the edges soften, and slide the popsicle out. Serve immediately or risk having your sweet treats melt all over the table.