There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!
1. Turn on gas grill to high or set oven to a low broil.
2. Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, lemon juice, ground pepper, and mint and stir until well mixed.
3. Remove the stems from the peppers and cut in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds. Spoon the cheese mixture into the pepper halves.
4. Grill or roast under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until peppers soften and char a little bit. Watch closely so the peppers do not burn.
5. Transfer to a serving platter, let cool for a minute or two and then serve.
8 oz. Cream cheese (preferably whipped)
1 c. Sharp cheddar cheese; shredded
1 Jalapeno pepper; seeded and minced finely
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 c. Mint; minced
15 Mini bell sweet peppers
Makes: 30 bites
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Jalapeno poppers (i.e. jalapeno peppers stuffed and typically fried or wrapped in bacon) have been popular for some time, but I’ve noticed they are inconsistent. Some are incredibly spicy, while others have almost no kick at all. This recipe relies on the small, jalapeno sized sweet peppers instead and the spiciness is dictated by the filling, not the vessel.
seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT