1. Trim the ends from the cucumbers and peel half of the skin off end to end, to create alternating stripes of peeled and unpeeled parts.
2. Cut the cucumbers into about 30 rounds.
3. Remove the salmon from its packaging and cut into 30 small, bite sized pieces.
4. Stir together the yogurt and wasabi paste until well combined (add more wasabi if you want a spicier version.)
5. Using a small spoon, top each cucumber slice with about 1/2 tablespoon of the yogurt mixture. Lay the smoked salmon on the yogurt mixture.
6. Repeat with the remaining cucumber rounds and salmon. Arrange on a serving platter and top each piece with a small dollop of the remaining yogurt mixture.
7. Serve immediately or chill for a few hours.
There haven't been any comments yet, be the first to share your ideas about this recipe!
seasonal RECIPES for those who love to EAT
On the hunt for an appetizer that is quick to prepare but looks great? This might be just this ticket. Crisp cool cucumbers are dressed up with spicy Greek yogurt and topped with Nova-style smoked salmon. There are lots of smoked salmons out there, but this particular style is of the Lox variety.
It is produced by curing whole salmon filets in a salt rub or mild brine
and then cold-smoking them. Typically, it is sold sliced very thinly and is delicious on sandwiches, bagels, and of course, these little snacks. You can usually find Nova smoked salmon at the fresh seafood counter in your local market or grocery store. It is also quite common in Jewish delis.
2 Medium cucumbers
6 oz. Nova smoked salmon
1 c. Plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. Wasabi paste
Makes: 30 bites
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes